Monday, January 11, 2016

Mirror Assignment 2

"Hi photoclass,
As the lessons are rather theoretical at the moment I'll keep these assignments really active.
For this assignment, I would like you to make a creative photo using a mirror. How you do this is your own choice, you can use one or multiple mirrors, you can leave them and make a photograph of the mirror or you can use the mirror for effects... it is up to you!
For this assignment, photoshop is allowed but it needs to be mentioned in the comments."


My initial  was to photograph the fishtank and use the glass as an mirror. It did not work. I didn't get one shot in the 20 minutes I was trying. So I took a "Screw you fish!" attitude and moved on to another idea. I have one mirror that isn't attatched to a wall. It's my make up mirror. The neat thing about the make up mirror is it has a LED light around it which causes a ring on my eye. So I did two different types of photos. One with a drawing mannequin and then myself.

Since it was a makeup mirror, he had to be holding makeup!


These next ones were extremely hard to get. I had to shoot blind so I couldn't line it up at all. It was just guess work.

It wasn't exactly the outcome I wanted, but it was close. And yes, I did freshen my mascara for this close up.


The comments review of them:
put the light behind the camera and look at it to get it in your eye
like your submission, but it's a bit cut off at the bottom

I did ask which one was the one he thought was cut off and it was the first one, which after looking yep. It sure is. :(

AHHH! They actually liked it!?? I'm a teacher's pet. Let's get that out in the open. PLUS this person is a AMAZING photographer. 

So I'm a lot more pleased with the outcome of this assignment. I could even classify it as giddy that they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment